PulseLarsen Antennas: Medical Antennas
The healthcare IoT (HIoT), or Internet of Medical of Things (IoMT) are two different names having the same meaning as to the antenna systems. The internet of things has numerous applications in healthcare, from remote monitoring to smart sensors, wearables, implants and medical device integration. It has the potential to not only keep patients safe and healthy, but to improve how physicians deliver care as well. Healthcare IoT can also boost patient engagement and satisfaction by allowing patients to spend more time interacting with their doctors.
Healthcare IoT isn’t without its obstacles. For example:
- The number of connected devices and the tremendous amount of data they collect can be a challenge for hospital IT to manage.
- There is also the question of how to keep all of that data secure, especially if it is being exchanged with other devices.
Examples of IoMT include:
- Remote patient monitoring of people with chronic or long-term conditions
- Tracking patient medication orders and the location of patients admitted to hospitals
- Patients’ wearable mHealth devices, which can send information to caregivers
- Infusion pumps that connect to analytics dashboards and hospital beds rigged with sensors that measure patients’ vital signs are medical devices that can be converted to or deployed as IoMT technology
As is the case with the larger Internet of Things (IoT), there are now more possible applications for IoMT than ever before. Many consumer mobile devices are built with Near Field Communication (NFC) radio frequency identification (RFID) tags that allow the devices to share information with IT systems. RFID tags can also be placed on medical equipment and supplies so that hospital staff can remain aware of the quantities they have in stock. The practice of using IoMT devices to remotely monitor patients in their homes is also known as telemedicine. This kind of treatment spares patients from traveling to a hospital or physician’s office whenever they have a medical question or change in their condition.
Download Our Medical Booklet Today
*May not be available to view below flipbook in all countries. If you are unable to view the flipbook below you can download the pdf to view above.